We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
What do you do while you’re walking? Do you listen to music or watch the tv’s at the gym? What if I told you that you could actually be productive while exercising? Try out some of these ideas to improve your work out time even more by doing something that frees up other time during the day.
- Read your emails. Reading emails is something that we do every day. Why not make use of the time you’re walking on a treadmill by going through your inbox and spam on your phone?
- Catch up on your Facebook feed. Friends post sometimes once an hour. Instead of checking your phone time and time again throughout the day to see who posted what, why not do it while you’re exercising and free up all of that other time you would have used?
- Catch up on your favorite shows on Netflix or your cable app. You watch the tv in front of you at the gym, why not watch your phone instead? Fit in one or two shows while you are walking on a treadmill for an hour. You get to catch up and exercise at the same time. Win win!
- Work. If you work from home you have most likely developed a way that you can work from your mobile device if you aren’t by a computer. Take that into consideration when exercising.
- Read a book or magazine. That book that’s been sitting in the shelf forever deserves to be read, and unless you get dizzy or a stomach ache while walking and reading, it’s a good alternative to mindlessly walking.
- Catch up with a friend. If you and a friend both go to the same gym, set up a time to go together and catch up. Talking with someone always makes the time go faster when walking on a treadmill.
- Meal plan. This one involves your mobile device as well. Look up recipes and use a calendar or meal plan app to plan a week or even a months worth of meals. Planning meals while exercising will also encourage healthier meal choices.
- Make an amazon wish list. When someone asks you what you want for your birthday or the holidays, it’s easy to send them over to an amazon wish list. They can even purchase and ship it to you gift wrapped right on amazon. Browse items on amazon and add them to your list while you’re on the treadmill.
So what are you going to do the next time you work out? Let us know!
Other posts you may like: